CRAMS (Contract Research and Manufacturing Services)
We have distinctively and rapidly evolved into a fully integrated Indian pharmaceutical Company, straddling the pharmaceutical chain with its presence in all six clusters of APIs, CRAMS, branded generics, regulated generics, NDDS (Novel Drug Delivery Systems) and NCEs (New Chemical Entities). Leveraging our world-class R&D base, we have taken up Contract Research and Manufacturing Services (CRAMS) as a discrete initiative and advanced, especially in the areas related to new drug products, NDDS and NCEs.
Over the years, Orchid Research's continuous investment in research and manufacture has positioned it as a global CRAMS partner. This initiative connects Orchid Research's discovery capabilities with the group's industrial-scale manufacturing capabilities.
As a result, Orchid Research centrally positions itself in the drug discovery domain with the right mix of infrastructure, knowledge and business orientation. With CRAMS, we also reinforce our position as a preferred global partner with the potential to undertake a wide range of projects on a 'FTE' or 'fee for service' basis.
Our service value proposition includes
- Offering dedicated teams and manufacturing lines for full-scale commercial manufacture
- Leveraging resident drug discovery experience in multi-therapeutic and multi-lead discovery programmes
- Providing business flexibility with early phase to proof-of-concept collaboration, enabling contract research and development projects across multiple domains
- Scaling chemical development to a technologically efficient and cost-effective manner through the intelligent use of process optimisation and CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls) skills
- Investing ethical values in our business activities, reflected in important knowledge protection initiatives and building walls to teams working for partner companies and protecting intellectual property
- Manufacturing lab-scale, pre-clinical and clinical scale supplies
In this domain, we have master service agreements with Pfizer, covering both animal health and human health applications, under the aegis of which several projects have been either executed or currently in the pipeline. We are in discussions with other innovator firms for contract research and manufacturing agreements.